Paid marketing is also known as digital advertising. It refers to the targeting of potential customers based on their interests and their intent. In this latest article from Relativity, the business technology specialists based in East Sussex, we look at the topic in more detail. We uncover what paid marketing is, explain the benefits, and include some statistics that demonstrate why it makes a lot of sense to pay for advertisements on the various social media platforms.
What is paid marketing?
“Paid marketing refers to any type of digital advertising strategy in which a brand creates promotional content for users based on their interests, buying habits or past interactions with a company.”
“Paid advertising as the wording implies, is online advertising that one pays for. Examples of paid ads include Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Programmatic advertising, Google Ads, Google Display, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google and Facebook remarketing, and more.”
“Paid advertising usually refers to online methods a company uses to attract more customers by paying for ad space on search, other websites, or social media.”
Paid marketing is non negotiable
- Statistica highlights that the UK has the most advanced e-commerce market in Europe. It also points out that it is only a minority of the population that are now non-digital buyers.
- Zippia reports that 63% of all shopping journeys begin online, irrespective of whether the consumer ends up making the purchase online or in-store.
- Google indicates that 67% of B2B purchases are influenced by digital content and advertisements.
Benefits of paid marketing
- Build brand awareness – get noticed
- Expand digital presence
- Encourage and increase customer engagement
- Target a specific audience
- Measure and optimise campaigns – discover popularity and reach
- Faster results
Types of advertisements
- Google Adwords search on a web browser
- Sponsored LinkedIn Ads
- Sponsored Facebook Ads
- Display / Banner Ads
- YouTube Videos
- Instagram Ads
- Native Ads
How can Relativity help your business with paid marketing?
This article has highlighted that increasing your brand awareness and engaging customers can happen more quickly through paid marketing. It’s clear that paying for advertising is becoming increasingly important in today’s digital world and for many companies it is an essential part of their marketing strategy. It is often the case that a potential customer notices your brand for the very first time. For more information, call Relativity on +44 1825 280123 or email email@example.com
Next time we will be looking at how to create an effective paid advertising campaign and how to use digital tools to win customers over with precise marketing.