With a website builder, it has never been easier to create a functional, beautifully designed website. And it goes without saying that without a website you are completely invisible to the people you are trying to attract, those potential clients. Today, you do not need to use pricy web developers as there are extremely cost efficient website builders that you can use. These come with simple to use drag-and-drop interfaces so that you build your site and all it costs is a small monthly fee. Years ago, websites were built using code but today even many professional developers and designers use a website builder platform. In the latest article from Relativity, the business technology specialists based in Uckfield, East Sussex, we look at the criteria you should consider when choosing a website creator, whether it be your first site or you are looking to expand your current one. We start by looking at why you have a website, namely the benefits and features which will help you to decide on the criteria you need when choosing your website creator.
Benefits of a website?
- Makes your business look professional and legitimate – create a branded email address
- Showcases your products and services – use high-quality images and videos and publish important information
- Attracts new customers through Google searches – tools and strategies for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Encourages customers to contact you – contact forms and information on the headers and footers of every page
- Blows your own trumpet – prominently display your best reviews and testimonials and articles from other sites, journals, newspapers and blogs
- Integrates with Google Maps – people can find you more easily if you are the point of sale or you are hosting events
- Helps with long term success
What features do you want to include?
It is no longer daunting to create and manage a website. Modern website builders such as Zoho Sites make it simple to build a good-looking, user and mobile-friendly site without any knowledge of code. And today you can reap all the benefits without spending a fortune on website developers. However, finding the business website creator that is best for your requirements can be trickier. So why not make a note of what you want on your site? This will incorporate the features you want included as well as the goals you want to achieve. These could include:
- Blog section
- Online store (eCommerce)
- Social media features
- Reservation system
- Photo gallery
- Contact form
- SEO features
It’s a good idea to also check out your competitors as well as other websites for inspiration and to make sure you do not forget anything.
Seven tips to help you decide
- Easy to use – drag-and-drop builder, powerful editing tools, and customisation options
- Design & features – professional website templates with the flexibility to add extra features including Google Analytics, CRM and third-party marketing tools
- Customer support and help – available 24/7 should you encounter a problem
- Determine your budget – domain, SSL, business email, eCommerce costs and monthly fees
- SEO features – simple onsite optimisation
- The website builder’s reputation – reviews
How can Relativity help you with your website?
It’s clear that you won’t stay in business for long without a website. Your customers will be looking for you online and that’s where your competitors are. So to stay competitive in this increasingly digital world, your business needs to get online. So why not use a website creator to build and design your site? If you would like any help from the experts at Relativity, please contact us today on +44(0)1825 280123 or email email@example.com
Next time, we will discussing the business website builder, Zoho Sites in more detail.