Online password security is an ongoing issue and there have been many high profile hacks over recent years. These have included British Airways, Facebook, Marriott Hotels and Twitter, to name a few and naturally these big names make headlines. However, any business can be hit and although online password security may seem pretty obvious, the most popular passwords still include ‘123456’, ‘password’ and ‘111111’. In this article from Relativity, the business technology experts based in Uckfield in East Sussex, we give you our top tips for password security and we also look at Zoho Vault in more detail.
Top tips for creating a strong password
- Use a passphrase and not a password
- Change your passwords frequently – at least twice per year
- Never share your passwords
- Do not recycle passwords – use different ones
- Don’t use personal information or real words
- Use a minimum of 12 characters, numbers and letters
- Don’t write passwords down
- Never enter your password on another person’s computer
- Use two-factor authentication
Avoid real names and use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters
Don’t use names of family members or pets or birthdays, dates or phone numbers. Hackers may access these easily. Also, for password security, real words should be avoided and special characters should be used. This will increase the complexity of your password and the longer the password, the harder it is to crack. Instead of writing down your passwords, use a password manager.
Zoho Vault for password security
Zoho Vault is an online password manager for safely storing, managing and sharing passwords. It is geared towards businesses and is part of the software suite from Zoho, which includes Projects and Books. With Zoho Vault, you will be able to securely and safely store, manage and share passwords from anywhere in the world.
Features of Zoho Vault
- Securely store multiple passwords in one location
- Easy access and management of passwords
- Passwords are encrypted to encryption standard AES-256
- Different access privileges can be given to team members
- If a user is removed, access can be stopped immediately
- Manual login credentials are not required for direct connections to applications and websites
- Track user actions
How can Relativity help you in your fight against cyber crime?
The key to online security is to have strong passwords and of course these days you will have multiple accounts, which need different login credentials. Relativity is a Zoho Advanced Partner with vast experience of helping businesses with their software packages. Call us on 01825 280123 or email email@example.com to find out more about Zoho Vault and how it can make your business more secure by safely storing, managing and saving passwords.
Read our other recent articles: